It seems that journalists can get a little too into their job. The fascinating story of Macedonian news reporter/serial killer Vlado Taneski in 2008 made the headlines, unsurprisingly, but it was the desire for a good scoop in today’s 24/7, always-switched-on world that was at the root of the whole thing.
Though the police are usually the ones to have ‘sources’, we’re becoming ‘sources’ ourselves: delivering technical, procedural and forensic detail to authors via crime-writing workshops at our purpose-built crime centre in Huddersfield.
Recently, crime authors such as Lynda La Plante and Peter James openly shared the methods they employ to gain criminal and procedural insight, which helps them to weave authenticity into their plots. Each of the household-name authors interviewed confessed to consulting with police professionals as part of their research.
- A Trip to Huddersfield for a 3 Hour Course Might Seem a Little Foolish, But It Was Totally Worth It!
- Free Open Day – Fun For All The Family – 29th July 2018
- CSI Experience – A Great Idea For A Special Gift
- Helping Young People engage with Science
- An enquiring mind, excellent communications skills and a detailed approach to work